Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm ENGAGED!!!!

I'm getting good at this... two posts within a 6 month period.. not bad ;) Well... to my three followers (haha) I'm engaged!! So here is the wonderful story of how it all happened! On Tuesday, April 12th 2011 Landen Kidd and I decided to take a trip to San Francisco. Our main attraction was to be a boat trip to Alcatraz because I had never been there. So we decided to head out on our journey at around 9:30 am. We got to San Francisco really fast so we had a lot of time prior to Alcatraz. So, with that time we headed down Pier 39. We walked around and decided to have some lunch at Bubba Gumps ;) I don't know if you guys have ever been there but they quiz you with Forrest Gump questions. Somehow, Landen knew almost EVERY answer! Crazy. Anyway.. so we ate our lunch and realized that our lemonades were approx. $4.50 each and we didn't get free refills.... so.... if you ever want to go there to eat, remember that because it was sad. However, the lemonade was delicious! Anyway, after we had lunch we headed on over to Pier 33 to wait for the boat to take us to Alcatraz. As we waited I kept joking with Landen that we had to keep all the papers that were involved for... "the scrapbook". I do not scrapbook. I just thought it was funny and I said something like.. "this is where it all begins" which freaked out Landen because he thought I might know something.. I didn't I was just talking and saying stuff... I guess in my head thinking that I had never been to Alcatraz, even though I have always lived in California and it was a new experience for me. We took the boat on over to Alcatraz and when we got there we walked around. I gave Landen a tour... I didn't know anything- he actually knew more then I did... but I gave him a tour anyway. This consisted of me pretending that I knew what each building was and acting like I wasn't reading the sign that said what it was as we walked past. :) We went on out to the yard aka "the prison playground" and walked out the back door that led down to the gardens. The gardens were right by a ledge that overlooked the Ocean and... the Golden Gate Bridge. I wanted to get a picture of the bridge so I went and took a picture and then Landen and I took a picture with each other. I turned around and asked him if he wanted pictures of the flowers... As I was about to take a picture of the flowers he comes up behind me and says, "Hey, question for you." So, knowing he says this all the time I say, "YEAH?!" all peppy-like and as I turn around he is holding the ring and says, "Will you marry me?" My initial response was "REALLY?!" then I stood there for like 5 seconds.. which felt more like minutes because I was just in shock because I had no idea he even had the ring and when I looked down at the ring again... it was ACTUALLY there! :D Once I realized this was real I said yes. I have no idea what my actual phrasing of "yes" that was used, but the important part is that I didn't say no ;) So there you have it. I was proposed to on Alcatraz, standing on prison grounds overlooking the ocean and the Golden Gate Bridge. I don't think I could have picture anything better. I find it hilarious. I think this was the perfect way for Landen to propose. I personally think it shows how we are... not really that romantic, it was more humorous :) Anyway. That's it! Now, we are getting married on August 20th, 2011 in the Logan, Utah temple! We are both very excited and I definitely can't wait until August 20th! :)

3 comments:

  1. YAHHHHHHH IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU TOO...SO ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that 4 followers!!!!!!!!!! haha love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I will help you spice up your blog if you want. :) I'm so happy for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete