Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'm Married!!!

Well, Landen and I are officially married!! Whoop whoop!! :) We are so excited to be starting this phase of our lives together! So the wedding day went by very smoothly. I was actually able to sleep the night before after getting my hair curled by Andrea right before I went to bed! (We had them up in curlers and a lovely shower cap over them to sleep in.) The morning of the wedding I did the parts of my make-up that I needed to do and headed over to Andrea and Sean's hotel room where Andrea did my hair :) She did such a great job and I absolutely loved it!! There was one point where she burnt my ear and I started to cry, I felt so bad because it wasn't just the burn it was the whole stress of the wedding and the fact that in just a little over an hour I was going to be getting married! (Andrea- It really wasn't your fault!! haha)

I had to be at the temple at 8:15 so I was rushing to get out and not be late. Thankfully, I made it in time... Landen can not say the same. I don't remember who asked me, it very well could have been Landen, but someone asked if I was nervous that he wasn't going to show up... I wasn't scared, I knew he was going to be late because he said he was going to leave early... When does he ever leave early? Haha. Landen being late was expected so I was completely content. The sealing was so great, even though Landen stepped on my dress at least 2 times coming in. Once the sealing was over we (Andrea and I) went and made some adjustments to my hair and made sure I was completely ready to come out of the temple! After we did that Andrea left and I just got ready to go find Landen. Coming out of the temple was great! There were so many people that came to share the day with us and we loved it! We took pictures for some time and it was SUPER hot outside! Thank goodness for Landen's cousin! His Aunt and cousin stuck behind to take a video of us- which looks great! So, his Uncle brought them drinks and Nicole got Powerade! I got a nice big sip of that and felt so much better! Just so everyone knows- if you plan to get married in the summer be sure to have a drink while taking pictures! :) After we took pictures we had about 30 mins or so before we had to head over to the luncheon so Landen and I went and got slurpees!! :) They tasted SO SO good!

We arrived at the luncheon and got ready for the ring ceremony. We didn't know where my parents were though because my grandma was in the hospital and we couldn't get a hold of anyone. Right before we were going to start my parents showed up and we got ready for the ceremony. It was really nice. Curt (Landen's Dad) led it and my Dad was able to talk and give us advice too. I thought it went really well and we enjoyed it. Once I got changed we went back for the luncheon, which was delicious!! We had chicken cordon bleu, rolls, and a baked potato. So good!! ...and for dessert? Cheesecake!! Mmmmm!!!!! While we ate dessert we watched the picture video that Angie (Landen's Aunt) put together for us. It was so fun to watch!!

After the luncheon, Landen and I stopped at Wal-Mart and then went over to our hotel to check in. We stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Logan. We stayed in two different rooms the Rain forest room and the Drive-In. After that we went over to the church took more pictures and had the reception. It was so pretty and a lot of fun. The only thing I would change about it is dancing. I wanted dancing, but because we were in Utah standing in a line the entire time is expected... :( So, music was a no go. BUT for record, Landen and I do have a song- "At the Beginning" from Anastasia.

After the reception we cleaned off the car :) and headed back to Logan for the hotel. Anniversary Inn is so wonderful!! I LOVE their breakfast!! We got to pick what we wanted in the morning and it was the best!! Once I download pictures I'll attempt to post them. We stayed there two nights and then went on to Jackson Wyoming for two more nights. Tuesday night we went to the Bar-J Wranglers. SUCH a great show!! These guys are hilarious! Their food is good too!! We got to talk to some people around us and they were really cool. There was one couple who just got back from their mission in Upstate New York, another family across from us that come at least once a month while the show is going, and then another couple from the East that asked if we were newlyweds because they said they acted the same way on their honeymoon when the guy asked if anyone was on their honeymoon. They were all really sweet people and had a lot of interesting stuff to talk about! The day we left we were going to go do some stuff but there was a fire somewhere so we decided not to go up on the mountain and breathe all the smoke in. :)

That's pretty much all the fun stuff... Since we have been married we've gone to Logan to take family pictures with the Kidd's and we went to a Blink -182- concert in Salt Lake!! :) We also just went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot! It was Landen's first time! :D We got the wrist bands so we could ride all the rides and Landen had his first Tiger ear! It was such a fun day and it's a lot more fun to always have someone to go on rides with you and to always be with you having fun!

NEWS----- So, Landen started his job Wednesday!!! He is working for a landscaping company. The plus of this is 1) he has a job 2) it pays well (Especially for Idaho) 3) it's full time 4) it's only Monday through Friday. However, there are downfalls 1) it's extremely tiring and Landen enjoys sleep- which he isn't getting much of 2) We don't get to see each other as much... Landen leaves for work around 7:15 am and comes back home between 6 and 7 pm. This won't be as big of a problem when I'm in school (starting Monday) because MWF I will be on campus from 9-5:30ish... Tuesday and Thursday will suck though because I'll be done by 11:45... BUT I plan to use that time to clean, do homework, go grocery shopping, and just get things done that need to be done! I think once school gets going a lot that those days will be filled with stuff to do.
Well, I think that is it! Landen and I are having a great time being married! We absolutely love it!! We can't wait for what's next... (Except usually what's next is a baby--so that can wait ;) )

This was long, but I hope you enjoy! Maybe one day I will add pictures so it's more exciting to read! :)

OHHHHH--- and this is my 2nd to LAST semester at BYU-I come April I will be a college graduate with a bachelor's in Psychology-- and I have NO idea what I'm doing with it ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying married life. I can't wait to enjoy it, after my mission of course ;] Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianne!!! It is wonderful to hear you two are doing so well. You had a beautiful wedding and we are so glad we could make it. I look forward to reading your next post. We love you!

    ReplyDelete