Friday, April 27, 2012

The Next Chapter

I graduated!!! Yep, that's right! I have officially graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with a Bachelors degree in Psychology with a minor in Child Development and I was able to graduate with a cumulative GPA of a 3.5! :) I don't have the pictures from graduation... so here's a cute one of me and my favorite husband...Landen! ;) Once I get more pictures I will most likely post them on Facebook and maybe on here!



We moved!!! So, right after my graduation ceremony we moved to Logan, Utah! Our new place is at least twice as big as our last place! So great! We have a two bedroom townhouse with a living room and a family room and a ton of counter space in our kitchen!! With our new place we had some extra space we thought we should fill so we saved up some money and bought a new washer and dryer and some new couches so we could sit. Oh and we just bought our new stools yesterday so we don't have to eat on the couches anymore!


So here's our new washer, dryer, and couches!!!

Next big news! I got a job!! I am now employed as a Communication Intervener for Utah Schools for the Deaf and Blind. I will be working with a child who is deaf/blind and has other medical issues as well. I will pretty much spend all of the child's school day with her and help her to communicate and get as much information in as possible! I've already had my first day and it is going to be a pretty difficult/stressful job, but I know it will all be worth it! I am also currently looking for some part time work because this summer I will only be getting about 10 hours a week. Once school starts it'll be more.


Lastly, I have read all of the hunger games books within three days... and really it was less than even 24 hours for probably all of them combined. I absolutely LOVED them! I was told that they weren't as good after the first one. Not true. First off, as an adult reading a book meant for young adults (about ages 12-18) I don't typically have high expectations for the book because it is below my reading level. However, I love reading young adult books, they are my absolute favorite and I would recommend these books to anyone and everyone! If you haven't read it or had those feelings of "the first was the best" then I just have to tell you that you must not really get the big picture of it all. The books weren't JUST about the hunger games the entire book was based off of a rebellion for freedom and without those last two books I would have been left completely hanging and wondering what was going to happen with their entire country. Here is something that Suzanne Collins actually said when asked how she created these books, "I was channel surfing between reality TV programming and actual war coverage when Katniss’s story came to me. One night I’m sitting there flipping around and on one channel there’s a group of young people competing for, I don’t know, money maybe? And on the next, there’s a group of young people fighting an actual war. And I was tired, and the lines began to blur in this very unsettling way, and I thought of this story." I guess I completely agree with her. Many people today are just like the people in the Capitol where they were watching the tributes fight to their death. I thought that these were amazing books that really meant more then what people may have actually got out of them. As for the romance aspect-- I love Peeta! He's definitely the ideal guy! ;)


The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment